7-Day Return Policy
I am committed to ensuring the 100% satisfaction of my art collectors! That is why once you’ve received an original artwork, I will give you seven (7) days to decide whether or not you’d like to keep that artwork or return it for a refund. You may return any non-commissioned artwork, provided that it is returned to my studio in its original condition and packaging.
In the unlikely event there is an issue with the quality of the product or if you received the wrong product, I will resolve the situation to your satisfaction as quickly as possible. Please contact me to explain your specific queries and agree to a course of action.
It is required all returned artwork to be shipped out by the buyer within three (3) days after confirming with Hesther that the work will be returned. So, if you receive artwork you’ve purchased from Hesther van Doornum and are not fully satisfied, you have:
- Seven (7) days to contact me about your intent to return the work
- Three (3) days from the day you contacted me to ship out the artwork.
**Do not ship the artwork before contacting me.**
If you do not notify me of your intent to return the work within 7 days of receipt or you do not ship the work within 3 days of notifying me, you will NOT be eligible for a refund. (Some exceptions will apply. Please contact me for an assessment of your specific situation.)
How do I return an Original, Undamaged artwork
Step 1 : Within seven (7) days of your artwork delivery date, please call me at 0031-628068923 between the hours of 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM CEST (UTC+01:00.) Monday through Sunday or send me an email [email protected] to give your order information and the reason for wanting to return the work.
Step 2 : Repackage the artwork using the original packaging materials used by me. I will send you the Packaging Guidelines for instructions on how to safely package artwork for shipment.
Step 3 : Email [email protected] to complete the return process.
Once the piece safely reaches my studio, I will process your return and the amount owed will be refunded to your original source of payment in the same currency and using the same exchange rate as your original order (minus shipping costs and international customs fees, if any) within 7-10 business days of your merchandise return.
Who pays for return shipping costs
I will examine the return on a case-by-case basis in order to determine who is responsible for paying all costs (shipping and customs) required to deliver the artwork back to my studio. Generally, if determined that the artwork was accurately described on this website (in terms of size, materials used, weight, etc.) and the collector is returning it as a result of buyers remorse, then the collector is held responsible for returning costs.
If I conclude that the work is misrepresented (either in the photograph or in the description), failed to disclose important information about the work, the collector will not be responsible for shipping costs.
- Additional shipping fees may apply for international returns.
What to do when a package is damaged?
- If in the unlikely event you notice that the package is damaged upon delivery, you can either refuse the shipment or you can have the delivery company mark the tracking as received damaged, subject to further inspection. Please file the claim immediately!
- Please call me at +31(0)6 28068923 or email [email protected] with the information of your actions on it.
- Safe the original packaging!
- Take photos of the damaged artwork and packaging. Please email these photos to [email protected].
- I will contact you to discuss next steps.